Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dhamma Facts (17)


Ājīvatthamaka Sīla (Eight Precepts with Livelihood as the Eighth)
1.Panatipata veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami.
I undertake the precept to abstain from destroying living beings.
2.Adinnadana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami.
I undertake the precept to abstain from stealing.
3.Kamesu micchacara veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami.
I undertake the precept to abstain from sexual misconduct.
4.Musavada veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami.
I undertake the precept to abstain from false speech.
5.Pisunavaca veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami.
I undertake the precept to abstain from slandering speech.
6.Pharusavaca veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami.
I undertake the precept to abstain from harsh speech.
7.Samphappalapa veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami.
I undertake the precept to abstain from idle speech.
8.Micchajiva veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami.
I undertake the precept to abstain from wrong livelihood.
Posted by Nyan U

No comments:

Post a Comment